This page was last modified on Jan 31, 2024.
TargED is a privately-held, biopharmaceutical company with its corporate domicile and principal place of business at Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht, the Netherlands and listed on the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce under number 78502969. This policy applies to the personal data for which TargED acts as data controller; in other words, where we have control over what happens with your data and how this data is handled.
How we use your personal data
Profile data or customer relationship data
We may collect and store the following information on our customers and business partners (or their personnel) to create profiles in order to facilitate the administration of our services and to maintain contact:
- name, surname and job title
- contact information including telephone number or email address
- internet protocol (IP) address
- demographic information such as postcode
- social media tracking pixels that allow platforms such as Linkedin to interact with this website
- other information relevant to customer and/or job offers
The legal basis for this processing is your consent OR the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at you request, to enter into such a contract OR our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business, our relationships with customers, communicating with customers and keeping records of those communications.
When you voluntarily provide us this information through our websites or any other information channel, the personal data provided by you will be used only for the purpose of responding to your query or your request for information. The legal basis for such processing is your consent. We will not use this personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Job applicant data
If you post your personal data as a job applicant, the personal data provided by you will be used for recruitment and employment purposes or –if you agree to this- for informing you of future job opportunities. The legal basis for this processing is taking steps, at your request, to enter into a contract between you and us or your consent to save your CV for future job opportunities.
Clinical trial data
If you are a patient you may participate in clinical trials of TargED products in order to further research and develop these therapeutic drugs. By giving consent to participate in such clinical trials, the doctor or investigator conducting the clinical trial will collect your personal data, including data relating to your health and pharmaceutical needs. TargED receives this information in a pseudonymized form, which means that we do not receive data such as your name or address (Or any other contact information) so that we cannot directly identify you. On occasions, TargED employees or contractors working on behalf of TargED, may however access the patient’s personal data at the source of data collection for the purpose of verifying data. The patient data will only be processed for scientific research purposes with appropriate safeguards in place.
Personal data about the doctors and investigators conducting clinical trials and people who assist them is collected by TargED as well. In general, the type of this information includes the name, address, telephone details, field of expertise, position, role in study and qualifications, and includes information provided on Curricula Vitae and Financial Disclosure Forms (US) or Declaration of Interest (EU). TargED is required to obtain such data on potential or actual investigators in order to maintain the quality of the clinical trials (legitimate interests and the performance of contracts, or taking steps, at your request, to enter into this contract) and consistently meet global regulatory and compliance guidelines (legal obligation).
Providing your personal data to others
Transfers to third parties
We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the following cases:
- insofar as reasonably necessary for our business or administration purposes. Under certain circumstances, these third parties provide technical, organisational or consultancy support services (g. IT-support or legal support) and may occasionally have access to your personal data in order to enable them to provide these services. All companies providing such support services are required to apply the same standards of protection as us and cannot use your personal data for their own purposes;
- when disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or
- when we have your consent to disclose your personal data.
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties without taking appropriate protection (i.e. encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, password, secured connection…) or having a contractual agreement.
We will never sell or rent your personal data to third parties.
We have offices and facilities in Utrecht, the Nederlands and may collaborate with other partners outside the EU as well. Transfers of your data outside of EU countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, namely the use of standard data protection clauses adopted and approved by the European Commission, a copy of which can be obtained from our Data Protection Officer. Your personal data are stored on the secure servers of TargED or our IT partner (Four IT.
Links to other websites
Retaining and deleting personal data
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
The period of retention of job applicant data will be no longer than two (2) years.
The period of retention of clinical trial data will be at least twenty (20) years after the completion of the trial
In some cases, it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the following criteria:
- the period of retention of profile data will be determined based on the current relationship but will be no longer than two (2) years after our last contact.
- the period of retention of customer relationship data will be determined based on our contractual agreements but will be no longer than ten (10) years after conclusion of the contract.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject such as in clinical trials.
It is important to know that you can exercise different rights which give you a certain control over your personal data. You can always contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com to exercise your rights:
- Right to be informed about the purposes of the processing (see above).
- Right of access: you may, at any time, have access to the data that TargED has on you or check if you are included in the database of TargED.
- Right to rectification: We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the data we hold is up to date. We encourage you from time to time to consult us to check that your data is up to date. If you find that your data is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to correct it.
- Right to object: you may, at any time, object to the use of this data by TargED and by its active partners.
- Right to erasure: you may, at any time, notify TargED of corrections to the data concerning you and, where appropriate, request the deletion of your personal data.
- Right of limitation of processing: you may, in particular, obtain a limitation of processing when you have objected to the processing, when you dispute the accuracy of the data, or when you consider that the processing is illegal.
- Right of portability: you have the right to receive the personal data that you have communicated to TargED and may also ask us to send this data to another data controller
Questions and complaints
If you have any questions or complaints on how TargED processes your personal data, you can always contact our Data Protection Officer: Mrs. Gentiane Verstraeten via the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that our processing of your personal data infringes data protection laws, you also have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement. We however kindly request that you also present your complaints to our Data Protection Officer first, so that we can quickly find a suitable solution to your problem.
For the Netherlands:
Dutch Data Protection Authority
Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, AP
Hoge Nieuwstraat 8
2514 EL The Hague